We are looking for a HSSEQ Advisor to join the ICR team, based in Aberdeen.
The HSSEQ Advisor will be responsible for providing professional advice, guidance, and support to the ICR Group with regard to the implementation of, and adherence to Group HSSEQ Plans. Work activities will be in line with legal requirements in areas where we work and in line with Group Policy.
This role will report to the HSSEQ Manager.
The main tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of Group HSSEQ Improvement Plan.
- Work with Operations to deliver improvements in workshop HSSEQ delivery.
- Maintain ICR’s Business Management System (BMS) and 1Net Incident Reporting Database.
- Investigate and identify root cause following HSSE incidents and quality related NCRs.
- Monitor and maintain legal compliance registers across the Group.
- Maintain and implement the Group HSSEQ audit programme, undertake audits as required.
- Monitor and maintain focus alongside Operations on HSSEQ compliance.
- Provide advice and guidance to Operations to ensure compliance with legal requirements. e.g., PUWER, LOLER, COSHH, PPE, Manual Handling, etc.
- Promote ICR’s core values, safety culture and continuous improvement philosophies.
- Prepare, coordinate, and deliver as required monthly safety meeting presentations.
- Coordinate and deliver as required quarterly safety themes and HSSEQ inductions.
- Develop, review, and approve new and existing HSSEQ procedures as required.
- Support the Commercial and Procurement Teams with regard to tenders, proposals and client evaluations and supplier approvals.
- Other related activities as may be deemed necessary from time to time.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar relevant role (Essential)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety and/or Environment (Essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety and/or Environment (Preferred)
- Internal Auditor qualification(s) to ISO 9001, 14001 and/or 45001 (Essential)
- Lead Auditor qualification(s) to ISO 9001, 14001 and/or 45001 (Preferred)
- Internal or Lead Auditor qualification to ISO 17020 (Preferred)
- Experience in HSSEQ Management Systems e.g., SharePoint, Sypol, Safetyhub (Preferred)
- Knowledge of the oil & gas industry (Preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible – able to work on multitask work and prioritise effectively
- Strong sense of initiative, always striving for improvement
- Organised and efficient – plan work to ensure deadlines are met on time
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills – able to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong IT skills in office packages
- Experience working with offshore populations
- Experience having supported multiple sites