Client: Major Global Operator
Location: Gulf of Mexico
The Client wanted to use the Quickflange™ solution to complete an extension to a 12” hydrocarbon vent line on their installation in the Gulf of Mexico.
The scope involved the installation of a 12” schedule STD 150# RF A350LF2 CS Quickflange™ onto the vent line on the platform utilising ICR’s patented Quickflange™ solution.
ICR had a qualified 12” schedule STD 150# A350LF2 CS solution within the Quickflange™ product range for the customer’s application and had the Quickflange™ & Installation tooling available to mobilise.
The work site was situated at the top of the installation which made access to the site and the movement of the equipment to site awkward, this also meant that the available space at the worksite was limited.
Results & Benefits
- ICR mobilised the 12” schedule STD Quickflange™ and installation tooling from its base in Houston to the delivery point in Louisiana
- The ICR technician was mobilised to the platform to conduct the installation, working alongside platform personnel
- Once permits and lift plans were in place the pipe was cut and prepped ready for the installation
- The ICR technician was able to complete the installation within 1 shift and once the work site was made safe, was de-mobbed from the platform the following day
- Scope delivered on time, within budget and with no incidents