We are looking for an Operations Engineer to join ICR, based out of Carnforth.
The Operations Engineer will support day to day management of projects and operations ensuring the safe and profitable delivery of ICR services. Taking ICR jobs from start to finish, through the full lifecycle of the project from quoting to final invoicing.
This role will report to the Operations Manager.
The main tasks involved in the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical and operational support in the compilation of quotes, proposals and tenders (including Site surveys/ visits).
- Support HSEQ audits, improvement plans, site visits, and ensure NCR’s or similar are actioned as required.
- Support workshop activities, ensuring all work is carried out to company standards and all equipment is mobilised on time.
- Manage all ad hoc projects and support the other business lines.
- Preparation of workpacks, including implementation procedures, plans, engineering drawings, equipment lists, materials as required.
- Ensure that job briefings are carried out.
- Liaise with Engineering team as and when required as per project requirements.
- Liaise with onsite technicians ensuring that work is progressing as per plan and support with all technical queries.
- Ensure that the correct competencies of technicians are requested in accordance with job / project requirements.
- Manage scope variations ensuring that these are presented to the client in a timely manner and subsequently approved.
- Monitoring and controlling of relevant project costs ensuring profit on projects are maximised.As and when required, compilation and issuing of final reports to the client.
- Ensure that invoices raised are submitted to the client in a timely manner.
- Support Sales personnel with client management and expectations.
- Maintaining and improving the appropriate technical procedures & work instructions.
- Assist with the growth of ICR, supporting opportunities to the business and actively contributing to development and management meetings.
- Ensure all company processes and procedures in accordance with BMS are adhered to.
- Commercial responsibility for projects that you are responsible for
- Provide Technical solutions for ICR enquiries
- Pricing of work to give job contribution, in line with Company expectations
- Ensuring the highest standards of HSEQ are met, both within the workshop and in the field
- Managing ICR Projects including ensuring the correct skill base and numbers for each project
- Working with Workshop Staff to ensure safe and efficient support to field activities
- A right first time approach on all work
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- 2-3 years knowledge and previous experience of UK Oil and Gas maintenance practices and standards
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry and particularly HSEQ requirements is essential
- Demonstrable track record at problem-solving and working to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple work scopes on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organisation and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
- Experience in using a range of office software including, outlook, SAP, excel and databases
- Strong organisational skills
- Presentation skills for internal and external clients
- Strong report writing skills
- Self-starter that takes a collaborative approach and really enjoys working as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-manage own workload and those of others
- Sets high standards in quality of work and excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and the willingness to contribute to new ideas and processes
We are looking for a full time Technician to join the team.
The Technician will carry out ICR Mechanical field services offered by the company, onsite machining, Quickflange™ installation and composite repair & leak sealing services.
This is a field role; therefore, applicants can be located anywhere in the UK. However, the main ICR location this will be based out of is our Carnforth facility.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess potential scopes of work, to prepare equipment and manufacture any necessary modifications on ICR’s services including Leak Sealing, Quickflange installation and composite repair application to specified procedures.
- Pro-active breakdown-repairs / maintenance of portable machines on site or support in the workshop.
- To ensure equipment is returned to the workshop, in a cleaned and inspected condition.
- Travel to customers sites throughout the UK and overseas, which may at times involve extended periods of time away from home.
- Provide support to workshop technicians if required to work in the workshop, for example in preparing equipment for a known scope of work prior to mobilisation or responding to the change in work scope once technicians are on site.
- Support and assist the workshop as and when required.
- Be pro-active while undertaking any operational requirements while complying with ICR safe systems of work
- Willingness to extend skillset in other areas such as Bolt Tensioning, Composite Repairs, Quickflange Installation and Leak Sealing when required. working in conjunction with the company’s quality systems and statutory obligations
- Report to line management with regard to the day-to-day operations on site
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to and coach with assistance from Management
Key Requirements, Skills & Attributes:
- Mechanical Apprenticeship – desirable
- Experienced mechanical background
- Mechanical workshop experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the safe operation of both portable (on-site) machines and workshop static machines.
- Ability to work using own initiative (with minimal supervision)
- Good communication skills
- Well organised and methodical
- Personable, confident, well presented, extremely professional and in possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK
**All candidates MUST have valid right to work in the UK as sponsorship is not available.**