We are looking for a Field Technician to join the Composite Repairs team, based out of Aberdeen.
The Technician will work within the Composites team, to apply all Engineered Composite Repair products onshore and offshore in line with client requirements in compliance with ICR procedures.
This role will report to the Senior Project Manager or International Project Manager.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for the application of all Technowrap composite products onshore and offshore in line with client requirements and in compliance with all ICR procedures.
- To become totally conversant and have a full and detailed understanding of all of the Engineered Composite Repairs business processes and how they apply in the running of the business.
- Working with / supervising third parties when required.
- To take responsibility for one’s own safety and for the safety of others working within ICR and whilst representing ICR on an external work site.
- Participate in the ‘Buddy System’ by actively supporting and mentoring trainee technicians and when working alongside other technical support provided by other ICR companies.
- Compliance with and commitment to Company’s HSEQ policies and procedures.
- To assist the Operations Team in providing a high level of technical support to all customers.
- To become fully competent in the Application of Technowrap Core, Technowrap 2K, Technowrap 2K, Technowrap 2K HT, Technowrap 2K HA onto the entire complex geometry pipe work configurations; Carbon Fibre and Compression Techniques.
- Carry out special projects or duties as assigned by the Operations Team.
- From time to time it may be necessary for employees to carry out other relevant tasks and duties to contribute towards achieving total customer satisfaction and improving the operational effectiveness of the Company.
- To assist in the management of the warehouse where applicable.
- Must have willingness to travel and work from various offshore/onshore/UK and overseas locations.
- Reactive and willing to mobilise at short notice for ad hoc work scopes.
- Offshore survival (BOSIET / MIST) and OGUK medical – to be provided
- 2K and 2KHT training, and Carbon Fibre – to be provided
- Rope Access (preferable) – to be provided
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organisation and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
- IT Skills – experience in using a range of office software including, email, excel and Outlook email system
- Strong organisation and reporting writing skills
- Ability to adhere to quality management systems and internal processes e.g. COSHH
- Self-starter that takes a collaborative approach and really enjoys working as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-manage own workload and those of others
- Sets high standards in quality of work and excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and the willingness to contribute to new ideas and processes