We are looking for a full time Technician to join the team.
The Technician will carry out ICR Mechanical field services offered by the company, onsite machining, Quickflange™ installation and composite repair & leak sealing services.
This is a field role; therefore, applicants can be located anywhere in the UK. However, the main ICR location this will be based out of is our Carnforth facility.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess potential scopes of work, to prepare equipment and manufacture any necessary modifications on ICR’s services including Leak Sealing, Quickflange installation and composite repair application to specified procedures.
- Pro-active breakdown-repairs / maintenance of portable machines on site or support in the workshop.
- To ensure equipment is returned to the workshop, in a cleaned and inspected condition.
- Travel to customers sites throughout the UK and overseas, which may at times involve extended periods of time away from home.
- Provide support to workshop technicians if required to work in the workshop, for example in preparing equipment for a known scope of work prior to mobilisation or responding to the change in work scope once technicians are on site.
- Support and assist the workshop as and when required.
- Be pro-active while undertaking any operational requirements while complying with ICR safe systems of work
- Willingness to extend skillset in other areas such as Bolt Tensioning, Composite Repairs, Quickflange Installation and Leak Sealing when required. working in conjunction with the company’s quality systems and statutory obligations
- Report to line management with regard to the day-to-day operations on site
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to and coach with assistance from Management
Key Requirements, Skills & Attributes:
- Mechanical Apprenticeship – desirable
- Experienced mechanical background
- Mechanical workshop experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the safe operation of both portable (on-site) machines and workshop static machines.
- Ability to work using own initiative (with minimal supervision)
- Good communication skills
- Well organised and methodical
- Personable, confident, well presented, extremely professional and in possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK
**All candidates MUST have valid right to work in the UK as sponsorship is not available.**