Technician – Leak Sealing
We are looking for a Technician to join the Leak Sealing team, based in Carnforth.
The Technician – Leak Sealing will carry out all ICR field services offered by the Company, with an emphasis on training as lead Leak Sealing while supporting On Site Machining, Controlled Bolting, Quickflange installation and Composite Repairs.
This role will report to the Leak Sealing Manager.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assess potential scopes of work, to prepare equipment and support all ICR’s services including Leak Sealing, On Site Machining, Quickflange installation, composite repair application to specified procedures.
- To ensure equipment is returned to the workshop, in a cleaned and inspected condition.
- Travel to customers sites throughout the UK and overseas, which may at times involve extended periods of time away from home.
- Provide support to workshop technicians if required to work in the workshop, for example in preparing equipment for a known scope of work prior to mobilisation or responding to the change in work scope once technicians are on site.
- Support and assist the workshop as and when required.
- Be pro-active while undertaking any operational requirements while complying with ICR safe systems of work.
- Willingness to be proactive in Leak Sealing Training and also extend skillset in other areas such as Controlled Bolting, Composite Repairs, and Quickflange Installation when required. working in conjunction with the company’s quality systems and statutory obligations.
- Report to line management with regard to the day-to-day operations on site.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to and coach with assistance from Management.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Mechanical Apprenticeship – Desirable
- Experienced Mechanical Background
- Mechanical workshop experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the safe operation of both portable (on-site) machines and workshop static machines- Desirable.
- Ability to work using own initiative (with minimal supervision)
- Good communication skills
- Well organised and methodical
- Personable, confident, well presented, extremely professional and in possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK, and Offshore
- Willingness to travel overseas.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.