Senior Inspection Engineer (Category 1)
We are looking for a Senior Inspection Engineer (Category 1) to join the ICR team, based in Aberdeen.
The Senior Inspection Engineer will be in applying the highest standards of leadership and business acumen to ensure that the development, integration and assurance of INSONO™ technology across all ICR locations and partners globally. This role will provide Inspection & Mechanical Engineering Technical Assurance support in day-to-day operations, whilst contributing to the successful, smooth and timely delivery of all Composite Inspection contracts and orders for ICR.
This role will report to the Inspection & Integrity Management Services Director.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- To act as Senior Inspection Engineer for the INSONO™ business unit with overall responsibility to ensure inspection activities are carried out in accordance with ISO 17020:2012, other applicable standards at ICR’s HSEQ requirements.
- To ensure the effective and profitable execution of composite inspection activities of the INSONO™ Strategic Business Unit.
- To lead, manage the development and integration of Composite Inspection Technology into the business for ICR.
- To ensure rigorous controls are in place to ensure all supporting engineering calculations / drawings / specifications are checked and approved.
- To support the business in the application of patents.
- To support the business to achieve and maintain accreditation / verification of new technology from third party institutions such as The Welding Institute, Lloyds and UKAS.
- Identify appropriate technical resources to undertake and support ICR Composite Inspection operational and project activities including specialist R&D programmes, improvement initiatives, etc.
- Create and implement an INSONO™ training programme to ensure competency for Project engineers, ICR Techs and NDT Techs in the delivery of the service and maintenance of inspection measuring equipment.
- Work closely with Composites Inspection TA in the creation of composite acceptance criteria.
- To support the Business Development and Marketing team to the Composite Inspection process to industry / clients.
- Provide technical supervision, management and support for all Composite inspection personnel, and others where required i.e. Composite Key Account Managers etc
- Develop and approve technical engineering project / operational deliverables.
- Approve and close-out of ICR Composite Inspection Technical Queries and MOC’s.
- Work as Lead Engineer on specific project(s) as required.
- Educate and present capabilities and processes to both internal and external audiences.
- Ensure that all Composite Inspection work is executed in compliance with applicable legislation, relevant international, national and Company standards, ICR BMS requirements, and Contract requirements as appropriate.
- Technical approval for all ICR Composite Inspection documents with Inspection and Integrity Management Services Director.
- Maintain and develop Company’s capability, skills and knowledge within the discipline. Identifying relevant training needs
- Communicating updates to applicable standards and / or regulations
- Continual monitoring and competency development of all inspection employees
- Overseeing the technical management of inspection related Complaints & Appeals
- Develop and deliver annual Business Action Plan approved by ICR Board.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Charted Engineer (CEng) or equivalent.
- Minimum degree qualified with appropriate experience, with a minimum NVQ Level V Engineering.
- 3 years of experience within an engineering discipline related to inspection.
- Authorised as a UKAS RG2 Category 1 Senior Inspection Engineer or equivalent.
- Previous experience in pressure system inspection or within composite inspection environment.
- Proven track record of management within Inspection industry
- Previous experience of developing WSE and approval of Inspection, RBI and integrity strategies, as well as previous experience of developing and managing the delivery of applicable Performance Standards.
- Suitable knowledge and understanding of ISO /IEC 17020:2012