Lead Leak Sealing Technician
We are looking for a full time Lead Leak Sealing Technician to join the team based out of Carnforth (but will be required to visit sites in the field in that area, so should be within commuting distance)
The Lead Leak Sealing Technician will provide specialised support in delivery of Leak Sealing Services, in line with client requirements and in compliance with all of the Leak Sealing procedures. To operate as a Lead Leak Sealing Technician on scopes of work for the Company.
In addition, carry out ICR Mechanical field services offered by the Company, including, Machining, Quickflange installation & Composite Repair Services.
This is a field role; therefore, applicants can be located anywhere in the UK. However, the main ICR location this will be based out of is our Carnforth facility.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- To be fully competent in the delivery of Leak Sealing Services including craft repair, clamp/enclosure installations and surveys.
- To carry out peer reviews for close out reports/work packs from field technicians as required.
- To conduct toolbox talks and undertake risks assessments as required.
- To ensure the application of the Company’s quality procedures are rigorously applied in all aspects of the work;
- Assess potential scopes of work, to prepare equipment and manufacture any necessary modifications.
- Pro-active breakdown-repairs / maintenance of portable machines on site or support in the workshop.
- To take responsibility for one’s own safety and for the safety of others working within ICR and whilst representing ICR on an external work site.
- Maintaining and improving the appropriate technical procedures and work instructions
- To ensure equipment is returned to the workshop, in a cleaned and inspected condition.
- Travel to customers sites throughout the UK and overseas, which may at times involve extended periods of time away from home.
- To comply and adhere to role as per ICR Training and Competency Framework ICR-BMS-02-OPS-PRO-437.
- To undertake Competency Assessments for trainee technicians/ technicians as and when required.
- Provide support to Workshop Technicians if required to work in the workshop, for example in preparing equipment for a known scope of work prior to mobilisation or responding to the change in work scope once technicians are on site.
- Support and assist the workshop as and when required.
- From time to time it may be necessary for employees to carry out other relevant tasks and duties to contribute towards achieving total customer satisfaction and improving the operational effectiveness of the Company;
- Be pro-active while undertaking any operational requirements while complying with ICR safe systems of work.
- Willingness to extend skillset in other areas of ICR product services such as Bolt Tensioning, Quickflange Installation and Composite repair services when required.
- Report to line management with regard to the day-to-day operations on site.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to and coach with assistance from Management
- Key Requirements, Skills & Attributes:
- Valid BOSIET / FOET Offshore Survival
- Valid OGUK Medical Certificate
- Valid Minimum Industrial Safety Training (MIST)
- Experience in Leak Sealing and associated services
- Experience in Composite Repair products/services
- Mechanical Apprenticeship (Desirable)
- Experienced mechanical background (Desirable)
- Mechanical workshop experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of the safe operation of both portable (on-site) machines and workshop static machines. (Desirable)
- Ability to work using own initiative (with minimal supervision)
- Good communication skills
- Well organised and methodical
- Personable, confident, well presented, extremely professional and in possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK
**All candidates MUST have valid right to work in the UK as sponsorship is not available.**