Graphite Capital is a leading independent private equity investor focused on the UK mid-market with over 25 years of experience in investing in businesses and working with their management teams to develop and grow them. During that time, Graphite successfully backed over 100 companies across a wide range of industry sectors focusing on management buy-outs and expansion finance in companies valued between £30 million and £150 million.
In September 2013, Graphite raised £500 million for its eighth fund, Graphite Capital Partners VIII. The ICR transaction is the second investment in the fund.
Other investments include:
- City & County Healthcare Group, the UK’s largest home care provide
- nGAGE, a technical recruitment business serving a range of niche areas in the UK and internationally
- New World Trading Company, a distinctive pub and restaurant business
- Beck & Pollitzer, a provider of industrial machinery installation and relocation services
- Random42, a global medical animation producer
- YSC Consulting, the independent global provider of leadership strategy consultancy services.
Graphite has previously invested in the energy sector. In 2006, Graphite invested in NES Global Talent, a provider of specialist engineers to the oil and gas, power and infrastructure industries, which was sold to AEA Investors in 2012 (at 4.7x original cost).
In 2009, Graphite led the management buyout of Dominion Gas, an Aberdeen based provider of offshore gasses and chemicals to oil and gas customers, which was sold to Praxair Inc in 2012 (at 2.3x original cost).
Further information about Graphite Capital and its investments is available from www.graphitecapital.com
Further information about HSBC is available from www.hsbc.co.uk
Further information about RBS is available from www.rbs.co.uk